Sunday, October 30, 2011

I am a mum ^^

Wanted to be part of it for such a long time.
During one view on World Vision's official website in Oct 2011
I finally registered.

My kid, A Chinh Giang
I assume he is 4 years old (as the profile i received today only stated he is Kindergarten Grade 0)
He is from a single parent family and he has no brothers and sisters.

He is from northwestern Vietnam, a small village named Tua Chua.
Tua Chua is a farming community with a population of 44,912, more than half of them live below the poverty line.
Due to the mountainous terrain and frequent droughts or floods, the villagers cannot produce enough food that over 70% of the households go hungry for two to three months every year.
The educational facilities are sorely lacking and only 26% of the children attend kindergarten. Furthermore, many of the ethnic children do not understand Vietnamese, which is the medium of instruction.
Moreover, there is an acute lack of health facilities, resources and awareness on basic hygiene there.

I am proud to be part of it now.

Any information, kindly refer http://www.worldvision.com.my/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment